Sunday, July 23, 2006

Freaky Friday

Last Friday is my Grade 8 Piano Exam.


yeah,
an important and special Grade for me. See, the last grade for students that not having thoughts to go on for Diploma. Anyhow, my preparation was not too good. Is those ngam-ngam-passing-like level. Thinkback as myself is always standing at the verge of failing while having Grade 6 and 7 exam, then get sick after came back from the exam.Hopefully it won't repeat this year.


Woke up like 6.30am, special feeling when you woke up this early not going to college, but got other things to do. Walking down the stairs found out that sis is already booked the piano for our last practise. I did my last practise after her. Then studied the aural notes for the very last time.

Sis and I revising our aural notes for the last time and bro is practising..

So, we left the hounse like 6.45am. Reaching Prince Hotel like 7.15am. Sitting at the Lobby like 3 retarded person until 8 then there we go to the Exam Waiting Room. My bro is the 2nd of the day and i am the 3rd. Anyhow, there're only 2 person taking Grade 8 exam and one of them is me. Geez.. Our examinor is a female, named Manya Horn. She's a nice lady, as she enter the room after greeting everyone at the waiting room, yeah then i felt damn nervous.

I waited until my name was called, then i was sitting in front of Examination Room 7, facing the big door. Then the door opened, i saw my brother walking out shaking his head, ah.. what? WHAT? Fufufu.. Then i walked in, tried to be as calm as i can. After sitting on the piano seat then there i go.

My scales is quite OK. Can-pass-ok. just the wierd thing is my sixth apart. My ascending part is in sixth apart form and it turns out that my descending part is in third apart form. Damn funny and embarassing. But anyhow i keep it going and thank god not much mistake appear in my scales. Somehow, the generous, GENEROUS Ms. Manya gave me Arpeggios C Major root posotion, single hand summore ! Felt damn lucky larh.

Then is my Pieces. First song "Sonata in D" is quite shaky. But somehow i tried my best to control my hand for not overspeeding. Then I did my mistake at page-turning part . Gosh i turn the page too early. I was like *flip* *hand slipped and played wrongly* *jeng jeng jeng jeng* CRAP. Then my 2nd song "Allergro Assai" is also ok ok only larh. Missed too much notes then it results to the scalic part not that perfect. Anyhow i did quite average. And AHA ! The 3rd song, " Autumn Crocus" i worried the most, the day i went to exam i can't even play my 3rd page Triple-forte-part well. So is like, 1st page, perfect, 2nd page, perfect, 3rd page first 2 bars ok, then *JANG !!* then back to perfect again. But it sums up as ok also larh, i didn't did a very good work, but I don't think i deserve to fail these 3 songs lah. So Ms. Manya keep on generous-ing !!

Then the most crappy part for my whole-life doing Piano Exam--Sight Reading. She gaved me a 2 sharped piece. And still, I am still me. Doing it slowly seeking for the right nite to press and it symbolize a strike of failing Sight Reading since Grade 3. Is like I failed every Sight Reading since Grade 1 expect Grade 3 that i ngam-ngam passed it. So, I can read my results, it's going to be another fail somehow.

Then the aural part is the one that i suppose to be having the most confidence in it. Singing the lowest part, easy. Identfying the cadence is the one i made jokes on it. Imperfect Cadence is supposed to end with a V chord, then stupid me answered V-I-V-I ! See how stupid i can be. Sight singing also like crap of shit, oh ya ! the modulation, Stupid me failed to sense whether there're any changes in the key. SHE DIDNT CHANGE THE KEY!! What am I suppose to answer. (i told this to my teacher and i get scolded. Hehe.. Modulation=Key changing. So there must be some problem on my hearing.) I simply bomb one and let her continue listening more jokes. But then lastly I thnk i performed my Open-Topic Questioning part well. And she praised me for bringing the confidence into exam hall. **Terapung-apung in the sky**

Pls ! i crave for a PASS , a easy weezy pass. Then I'm done. So Ms. Manya, PASS ME !

2 Comments:

Blogger SilverIsle said...

So, you've passed your Grade 8? Congratulations!

July 24, 2006 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Felix said...

not yet larh...
currently waiting for the results...
scaeriii

July 25, 2006 at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home