Sunday, August 19, 2007

Negarakuku?

So there's weeks ago while I was still at Perlis, my sis called from Australia asking us to look for this video on Youtube about a guy name Namewee singing songs about Malaysia.

http://namewee.com

I still can remember dad and mum's expression, laughing as the guy sang the national anthem along with the rap that expressed his view about the dark side of the Malaysia culture, and racial problems and also criticizing our Malaysia government.
Go search yourself about the video at Youtube, oh, I'll help, just type Malaysiakuku and there goes the viola.

Anyway forgotten to tell you about MY expression while I watched this with mum and dad.
I goes, oh no, this guy is in deep,shit.





and yes he is right now.


Politicians has been discussing about him, and even the Taiwan TV interviewed him as he's currently studying at Taiwan. He made his apology few days ago though apology is accepted but he's still going to be sued, making fun of national anthem and stuff, as people said he is.



[before I started anything,sorry for the bad English used anyway, you all know I use sucky english all the time =) ]

Well for me, I think he did a very brave act to upload this video on Youtube. And yes now the whole world knows about the racial problem we have here in our own country, thanks to Steve Chen,Chad Hurley and Jawed Karim.

Well I'm not blaming him for doing so, or lower our reputation and stuff but let's look into the lyrics, I dare not say that it's all true, or whatsoever, for me I think it's,one kind of opinion from this particular group of people,about what they think about our country, and what they think about the government. Before this Namewee guy actually voiced out through the most concentrated media, this group of people discussed about their opinion, inwardly, among themselves, no one actually dare to stand out and voice it out like him. So he did a brave, I dare not say smart, or strategic but brave act standing out for this group of people,telling people what they were thinking all the time,though the effect is bad, but at least now people know what this part of the Malaysian thinks.


I have to say, there's things about
he said about government, is true.
The corruption and the not-very-fast-productivity.
But there's always a better way expressing our thought.
Whether they accept or not is a matter, and the way we express is another one.
Well, obviously, expressing this thought through these lyrics, obvious and sharp
( some insulting ) is not one good way, for me, ( though some of them is obviously true ).


There're people bombarding youtube comment box calling MCA a traitor, and UMNO some...um, Davidass,or Jackass but oh well.
If I were you Mr Politician-no-matter-which-side-you're-from, I would watch the video a gazillion time first, and I bet no matter which side you're from, you'll actually laugh and somewhat agree, at least a nibblebit, in the end.


Malaysians are still Malaysians, no?
In the end, the barrier is still going to be there, though this case is settled in the future.

As long as there's people like my brother exists, well, he's one of the negative side when we're judging from Patriotism.
As for me, though sometimes it's annoying, but I have to say, I'm more to a patriotic one.
and I love Farah, I love Yuns, and I love Fuz.

but not the old lady picking her nose, sitting there taking her time,talking to the friend sitting beside her, while I was sitting there waiting for her just to place a nice stamp on my documents while I was waiting for my border pass last time for my family trip to Thailand.


OMG, her nostrils is just horribly, big.
and the mole.sheesh.

you know what I mean, no?

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne = YuinYuin said...

you know what, that guy is my primary schoolmate's brother. haha. and guess what, he WAS very handsome...

actually, he's very talented to me. being able to write so many songs that are so easy for people to learn and you can actually hear people singing it here and there. you know besides 'Negarakuku', there are videos such as 'Muar's Chinese', 'Muar Chinese 2', 'cute girl' and so on.

but one thing, he's stupid of making fun of 'Negaraku' but he's very brave in a sense lor

August 19, 2007 at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home