Friday, September 26, 2008

Tear drops on my guitar

The first thing I know I was in a white room. White, cold room.



I walked to the bed,
I don't know where I am,
but I know who's lying on the bed, covered by the blanket.



It was my grandma's hand where I put my hands on.
She looked at me, smiling,

The one and the only thing she said to me, in hokkien,is,



"It's cold in here, come and sleep with grandma."



I lie on the bed with her beside me,
I hugged her, and I closed my eyes.





And the moment I woke up, I already fallen into tears.
I cried like a baby. Sobbing out loud alone, in my room.


It was very random, as I messaged my mum just now and told her about this dream last night.

She called me twice, all the way from Australia,
Wanted to find out what grandma has told me.
I repeated the story again to her

"mm, a ma wants you to study hard, so don't disappoint her,
and always remember,she's protecting you up there"


I can sense the happiness and the tears dropped in her heart.


We're thankful to have a grandma like her,

I missed how she comb my hair and kissed me before I go to school,
I missed how she talked to me in hokkien telling me what's right and wrong
I missed hugging her everytime I see her.
I missed that house, that we seldom visit anymore after she left us.

I really, REALLY missed her.




The call, in the train, made my entire day.
It's been a long time since I called my sister and talked to my mum and dad.
Congratulations jie, for the graduation. Happy working.






I'm, terribly, homesick.
Here it comes again..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home